Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Victorian petticoat

Since my last post, I've managed to get a few bits finished, yay! :)
On Friday I managed to get my Victorian petticoat finished. I made it in pretty much the same way as my C18th petticoat, except I hemmed the flounce rather than pinked it, had the opening at the back (and used cotton tape for a tied waistband) and machine sewed everything. I used an old flannelette bedsheet for this - should add a bit of bulk and it'll be warm when worn with a few more petticoats in the colder months.

So by the end of day one, I had this:

And by day three, I had this:

I'm very happy with the results - I think I'll leave off the dress! What may not be clear from the photo, are the ribbon bows I added to the flounce for some decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment