Hi all. Yes, I know, it's been months since my last post, but I have been really busy! I had my dissertation and other assignments to write and a couple of exams to do, plus some events on top of that and a family wedding! I haven't had masses of time to get some sewing done, so I've lost a bit of motivation!
So, since March:
- I have altered my Tudor gown by unstitching the CF seam to open it up to reveal the forepart which will all be worn over a farthingale.
- I have also made new foresleeves (although one is waiting for it's puffy bits) following the pattern of the Tudor Tailor.
- I made a new 1940s dress as my red one was too small and didn't fit me properly. It has now had a couple of outings - a '40s dance and Dover Castle.
- I've re-made the veil of my French hood. It was originally wool, but is now a nice light-weight silk!
- Have made a start on a petticoat for Victorian.
I think that is it. I have less than 2 weeks to finish off the rest of my Tudor stuff as the Kentwell Hall main event starts on 19th June and lasts for three weeks (and I'm doing all of it!) and I have to get other clothing made for events soon after I come back from that, so I should be in a mad rush...but I'm not...