Saturday, 2 January 2010

Finished gown.

So, here it is being modled at a Medieval wedding I worked at on 29th Dec. I have seen a painting showing women with their gowns hitched up at the front to show off a skirt underneath so this is what I did - I used my green/gold shot silk taffeta petticoat I use for my Elizabethan gown just to be a bit more posh! I'm also wearing a medieval hood seen in many paintings. The pattern was taken from the Medieval Tailors Assistant by Sarah Thursfield and then adjusted to be more fashionable - it also has the black loop which I made a cord for.

Here is a close up of the hood:

No comments:

Post a Comment