As for the cuffs, I have started on another pair - these ones are for the polonaise gown and are made from a fine silk. The measurements are pretty much the same as the last pair of cuffs I made except this time I went all fancy I pinked and scalloped the bottom edge (going by the designs in Janet Arnold) and they have two layers. Having seen in a book, one on seventeenth and eighteenth century dress in detail (I can't remember the proper title!), I fell in love with the hanging cuffs with flowers on and wanted to make my own. I will one day embroider such cuffs, but at this point I don't have time and have gone for an alternative version. I used some narrow green ribbon and some red ribbon roses! These cuffs will be finished when I have some gown sleeves and will then know how much to gather. They will be finished in a similar fashion to my other hanging cuffs.
Tomorrow I am off to see a friend to do some more C18th based sewing. I am going to be fitted for some gown sleeves and hopefully together we can sort out the skirt too.